Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Happy Tuesday! I will wait until after tonight's episode of The Voice to post in detail...but OMG the knockouts were amazing last night!!!

Moving on...I switched over our calendar at work this morning and the end is so freakin' close (as well as my vacation week!). In the grand scheme of things six months to lose the weight is nothing! It took years to gain and it's pretty remarkable how IP works! Whenever I've had a not so great weigh in I always compare to WW or some other diet I've tried in the past, even on my "worst" weeks on IP I'm still ahead of the game.
The emotional roller-coaster continues! Yesterday I was putting away laundry and my eye kept catching those pair of 12's hanging in the closet. I figured what the heck try them on! They fit! Cue the tears! It was not pretty, but they zipped and were not tight at all, except for my behind :( I think another week and I'll be in those. Then I took out a pair of 10's and they "kind of" fit :) My behind again was not making it in them and they looked like I was really pushing it to wear them...soon enough :) My goal size is an 8. I don't think my thighs will ever go much lower than that. I had another moment when I put a shirt on and looked in the mirror sideways and noticed that I no longer have to "suck it in" to make my stomach flat with my legs. Cue tears!

I've been hungrier than normal the last few days. I don't usually go for extra egg whites but I did this morning with my shake and I do feel a lot better. I've got a super bland salad too, two more months till balsamic is part of my life again! Usually when I'm hungry my next weigh in is a good one, fingers crossed!

Not much else going on. Loving the warmer weather and grilling! Oh and that wasabi-soy sauce marinade I tried with tuna, not great :( The tuna was amazing though! Over the weekend I had a steak also, I hadn't eaten red meat in maybe 5 years, it wasn't all that special. I mostly ate it because my said that changing up the meat can be really helpful with loss. I was surprised that it didn't effect my stomach at all. I figured maybe shocking my system with red meat would do something, wonder if that's why I'm hungrier now? Who knows, but I'll find out Thursday :)

Excited for another night of The Voice :) But what happened to Ready for Love? I didn't see it come up this week :( 

Currently Craving: a larger bag of puffs :) and for them to start making PB puffs again!

-meg

6 comments:

  1. Those pant sizes are seriously exciting! Woot woot! Wondering if you ever worry that once it's over you'll be so excited to eat real food you'll binge? I'm worried about that. I've been starving these past 2 days...hrm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do worry about binging once in maintenance. I think planning is going to be huge though. I've heard maintenance can be harder mentally than phase 1 because there's so much flexibility. I think I'll do well with sticking to a really strict WW/phase 3-ish plan for five or six days a week and be more relaxed the other day or two. We'll see :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and...I went to the new center, which was awesome. But she had plenty of pb puffs and heard nothing of the discontinuation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh lies! I'll ask my coach tomorrow, I didn't see them online, maybe I'll send another email :) How's the new center? More supportive?

      Delete
  3. HI!
    10's... excuse yourself ;) Amazing. I can't wait to see you! AND SHOP WITH YOU! Can we nail down the dates soon? We have to make sure that Marisa is avail for dinner too :)

    I can imagine that maintenance would be the hardest part. Almost more stressful... but you'll get into a routine that will work and rock on! How is your boss doing? What's her post vacation progress?!

    OMG -- VOICE was amazing on Monday. Will watch Tuesdays, tonight! AND RFL! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Why thank you :) Soo exited for shopping! I'll send you an email on dates. My boss is doing ok: she's on a phase 1-4/ "Melissa" plan ;) She mostly eats phase 3, but will have treats here and there (cinnamon bun on a whim-up 2lbs). Overall, she's maintaining but would like to lose a bit more before she goes to NC in June. Where is RFL? :(

    ReplyDelete