Thursday, April 18, 2013

Go With The Flow

Hello! Trying to pick up a new mantra: go with the flow. I've been finding myself "down" lately with the diet, I think it's normal to have been on IP or any diet this long and hit a few slumps. It's all about pushing through and letting the little things go. Today's official weigh-in was 1.2lbs, going with the flow! I have been working out more lately, I'm fine if it slows my losses but I don't think I can mentally be "inactive" much longer! My period is still kicking around, going with the flow ;) Couldn't resist!

The best part of my week so far is depicted below. This white jacket (yet another North Face) I bought over five years ago, since the size seemed right I didn't bother to try it on in the store. When I went to wear it later it was too small :( It has been hanging in every closet I've had since I got it as a "goal" jacket. I was hysterical when I finally got it on! It is a little tight in the chest area, but pretty soon it should be good. I'm still teetering on the edge of smaller sized jeans, although I'm in a smaller sized short already...it's the damn thighs (and calves!).


Very excited to try another recipe one of these days. I found one for a tuna salad, using tuna steak rather than the canned variety. It's grilled and then topped with onion, scallion, avocado, and a soy sauce dressing with wasabi, I'll put it over lettuce. Sounds delish! Need to look up the dressing part, I'll keep you posted. 

As I creep down towards the 60lbs mark, I remember I have another reward goal waiting for me, shoes :) Thoughts on Sperry's?? I've always wanted a pair, but don't know if they are for me, I'm not really a fan of Toms either. Suggestions? I might just wait until the fall for boots, once I know what my calves are going to be at, but could always use a new summer shoe :) Go with the flow!

That's about it for now. I might need to add a page on for discussion of Ready For Love :) I also need a good book to start, I'm almost finished with Gone Girl, it's a good one!

Currently Craving: a diet coke

meg 

4 comments:

  1. I totally get the Diet Coke craving. Totally. And when you have one, make sure it's a "fountain"
    Look at that jacket! Will be too big for you when it's all over, isn't that the funny part? Goal clothes sit and sit and sit, then you fit into them, for a few, then they are too big.
    I definitely think you are a Sperry person. Definitely. You need something between now and boots. I almost feel like I want you to get the silver ones. Almost.

    Ummmm, I vote yes on a separate tab for RFL!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, I almost wrote "fountain" diet coke! The best! I'll be upset when it's too big...but not that upset ;) Silver Sperrys? Flashy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to post on this and the post before it but my phone keeps messing it up!!! Anywhoo...I vote for both sperry's and toms! I love them both. This weekend I wore my slim fit (I hesitate referring to them as skinny pants) with my toms and was pleased. They are both so comfy! No need to wait until the fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I hate replying on the phone! I don't know what it is with Blogger mobile, but I've never had luck doing it on my phone even on other blogs. Yay for slimmer pants! I like the way you think on shoes/rewards :)

      Delete