Monday, April 22, 2013

Hit a Friggin' Wall!

I'm so done with this diet! I'm sick of all the planning with food and making sure I'm eating everything I should eat in a day. Let me first say that I am 100% committed to staying 100% on plan until July, but damn it's getting hard! 

So this weekend we went back to MA, I may be traveling there in my sleep now. There was a Life Celebration for the father of Melissa's best friend from school. We got down there Saturday night, I ate some chicken and forced down some veggies, I'm just not hungry lately. Saturday was my first "night out" while on the diet, it was horrible! I'm not a huge drinker, but do enjoy to drink socially, wasn't expecting to miss a drink that badly. And then of course came the midnight snack session that consisted of: chicken fingers, potato skins, jalapeno poppers, and I can't remember how much other junk. I'm sure I would have made myself very ill if I'd given into temptation but at that moment it all looked amazing! There were lots of drinks again at the service yesterday and LOTS of food, nothing on plan aside from some peppers and broccoli. We ended up leaving really late and got home around 9pm. I hadn't managed  my food right yesterday and needed to actually eat two shakes once we were home. Again, so sick of forcing food down. 

I did have some gum this weekend. I'm fine with that. Coaches seem to go either way with gum. My coach says no gum but seltzer water is ok for instance, some other coaches say yes to gum but no to seltzer. If gum is my biggest/only "cheat" on this diet and prevents me from losing my mind :) I'm content. 

On the positive/powering through side: I am so proud of myself for sticking to the diet and my plan and not giving in to "c'mon just one drink". And the fried food fest :) I'm really appreciating the ketosis at the moment and the fear of what "just one drink" could do. While I seemed to be suffering at the time, I know I'm much happier now than I would be if I had cheated over the weekend. What keeps me going is thoughts past "chubby" situations that I never want to be back in: needing to be covered up on the beach, feeling so insecure at social gatherings, etc. I've never been so committed to a diet, which is why I've never seen results, so the thought of completing 6 months on IP seems amazing! I want to be able to say and know that I stuck it out and rocked IP and look at me now!

Ten weeks to go!

Currently Craving: Cheese at the moment...but Saturday night would have been everything! Bad news bears!

meg

7 comments:

  1. You know I fully understand...and I'm like 10 weeks behind you. Greeeeeat...but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! The fear of coming out of ketosis it's seriously powerful! Proud of you for resisting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so thankful for that fear :) You'll be there in no time! The first bit did seem to go quick, now it seems like it's dragging a bit, but at the same time I wish I had more time to lose in case it slows down. Either way, I'll re-evaluate come July and probably go to a really strict WW. You'll get to that tankini!

      Delete
  2. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
    Congrats on resisting the urge.... You are absolutely right, you would have felt like crap and been so guilty. So not worth it. You have come so far (so fast) and you are going to enjoy so much more when it's all over. But you already know that!
    10 weeks? That's insanity.
    You are rocking IP! Can't wait to shop, celebrate Mel's birthday, maybe hit the beach that weekend? So proud of you and excited for you!Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Marisa and I were saying that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" was total crap! In the short term anyways, I'm positive that missing out on a chicken finger in the long run will be worth it :) So excited for it all! Yes definitely beach!

      Delete
  3. Oh and I also feel like everyone who diets hits "this point" and then you will move past it and the remaining time, you will be so pump as you could down the weeks! You are almost in the single digit week countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! She told me that you guys talked about how it was BS... lol... I actually believe it and I swear that I try to tell myself that when I'm about to have a weak moment. Sometimes, the food is better than what skinny may feel like... sometimes it's not ;)
    I can't wait to see you.... I saw Marisa the other day and she looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete