Hello There! It's FINALLY feeling like spring here! I don't know if it's because of the diet or just the weather but I feel like this winter has drrraaaggged on forever! Finally fired up the grill and have been doing grilled veggies nearly every night, LOVE!
I'm beyond excited for warmer weather and summer! And of course fun new clothes :) I didn't have any luck at Marshall's last week, they are very in between jeans/shorts, didn't find anything. I tried TJ Maxx up here on Saturday and still no luck. I did get a few smaller sized t-shirts from there and Target. The shirts are mediums, don't think I'll ever be a small, but who knows :) I picked up a size 10 jean at Target that look impossible! I'm currently in a baggy 14 and hoping to get to 12 SOON! The "in between sizes" periods are the worst! For me, I'll hit a new size and be good there for a week or so and then they become loose and need to be washed after every wear to shrink them, I'm in that phase for a few weeks, very strange. It definitely depends on the brand and cut also, but at this point it's not worth buying multiples to just get rid of them in a few weeks.
My "biggest" issue at the moment is that my chest is not shrinking, I'm worried about looking disproportionate, hopefully that works itself out soon. I read that it takes up to a year after such a rapid weight loss for your body to stabilize. I would consider a reduction but wouldn't want to wait a year to see if it changes before. My calves are another area of concern in that they are moving as much or fast as I hoped. One of my ultimate goals is to wear riding boots with skinny jeans...for the first time ever! Fingers crossed I get there! All good problems to have I suppose as the scale/inches are moving in the right direction :)
I noticed last week when I switched over the office calendar that I officially have 12 weeks to go before I hit goal (assuming all goes according to plan!).
I feel like a kid waiting for summer vacation, which is partially true I guess :) Being half-way is a huge accomplishment for me. I was looking through notes that I had kept when I first started and remember thinking I am never going to survive this diet and I got a little emotional looking back on how far I've come. I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it and proving I could do it. I will definitely keep the blog going throughout maintenance, I like that this keeps me accountable, and I'm sure I will need it! I'll post healthy recipes...maybe even add a fashion section :) So a huge thanks for reading every week, couldn't have made it this far without you and your support!! Going to keep plugging along with IP and finish strong!
Currently Craving: could randomly go for some frozen grapes...soon enough!
-meg

Meggie! You are amazing! 12 weeks... are you F'ing kidding me?! That's NOTHING! It will all be here before you know it and you will be rocking your New York Wardrobe! Just remember... no matter how much weight you lose, or how much you weigh, you will always LOATHE parts of your body!! I know people who were are size 2 and hate things about themselves... focus on the AMAZING parts and dress to hide the not-so-amazing parts!!!
ReplyDeleteYou WILL wear boots! TRUST me... I know brands that will work NO MATTER what size your calf is!
I am SO incredibly proud of you and inspired by your motivation all the time! SERIOUSLY! When I think about eating something crappy, or wanting to get to my goal, I think about you!
Keep the posts and pictures coming! I have LOVED being apart of your journey!
xoxo
Thank for the confidence in me! So happy to be a source for motivation. The second half is going to fly by! Can't wait for boots :)
DeleteOh and I'm happy to discuss reduction with you when you are ready! Been there, done that ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks, depending on where I'm at I will definitely need some inside info!
DeleteSo proud and jealous of you that you've reached your halfway mark! You're such an inspiration and amazing mentor! Please don't ever stop posting!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Promise to keep the posts coming :) And you will be there soon, I know at the beginning (at least for me) it seemed like the diet would never end!
DeleteWe had a great IP meal tonight.... Well, I was a little off plan ;) since I ate Marisa's olives, and some cheese(ahhhhhh) but its nice that you can still go out and feel human. Lots of diets feel like you have to give up your social life to be successful, and IP seems like a nice little balance! You guys are amazing and going to both be there so soon! Can't wait for the "grand meeting" of 2 of my fave people, this Smmer!
ReplyDeleteMmmm cheese! Yes, easiest/hardest diet ever :) So excited for NYC this summer!
ReplyDelete