Monday, April 1, 2013

Random Updates and Fun Pics

Hello! Sorry it's been a while since I've posted, things have been a little hectic. I'm blogging from my in-laws (FREEZING) house in MA, on my phone, with little circulation in my fingers...apologies for typos ;) We came down yesterday for Easter. Was well prepared, had a nice salad with chicken, I decided to eat all my protein at the late lunch (good choice!). I was more than happy to snack on my PB/choc puffs while everyone else had dessert. It was hard to not reach for appetizers, I found myself almost forgetting about the diet, which is good and bad I suppose. But managed to stay 100% committed to IP ;) Later in the day we went over to another Easter gathering. This house is packed with tons of food and booze! I chatted a bunch about the diet and was able to resist everything...oddly enough smelling the beer in the air really made me crave one, not even a beer drinker! We left there around 8:30, I was dying for more veggies and had saved two cups for dinner time. So I roasted some veggies and had my shake, heaven! Really glad I had my meat at lunch and was able to make it to 9:00 before eating again!

My period has been coming on and off last few days. I know that with ketosis your body releases more estrogen when burning fat cells and that can mess with everything...so Aunt Flo is more than welcome as long as I'm losing fat ;) I've been crazy emotional/PMS'ing though. For example: I'm now in the smallest size pants that I've worn as an adult and literally bawled my eyes out sitting in my closest. I've also been having some crazy highs lately ;) Here are some pics of me in my "goal" capris that I'd been trying to get into forever! And soon they'll be too big :)

I've been working the last week or so straight while my boss was on vacation in Jamaica. She had phased off IP after losing around 75 pounds. When we caught up on everything Saturday the first thing she said was "wanna know how much I gained?". Naturally I said yes. "20 pounds!" In just over a week she'd gained 20 pounds, now that was just after getting home, she weighed the next day and it was down to 11 pounds, so 9 of water weight. She also went crazy with the food and cocktails! It was an all inclusive resort and she definitely treated herself. She's back on phase 1 now for a bit ;) I'm really loving the fact that IP will always be there. In the sense that I can go on vacation, not have to watch everything I eat so intensely and fall back into the program to get my weight back down if it gets out of hand.

That's about it for now. I'm off to Marshall's to find some in-between clothes, then I have a chiropractor appointment ;) The Voice 8pm NBC...be there ;)

Currently Craving: a bagel!!

-meg



5 comments:

  1. Is it odd that I was cold just thinking of you at 292??
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THESE PICTURES? Look at you! I need to hear the details... were the Wheelers going nuts at how good you look? Did JQ notice? WHO noticed? What did they say? How good did it feel???
    20lbs? Ouch... how did her system handle the change in eating?? She must be happy that she could really indulge and be back on plan?
    All this IP talk makes me want to join...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any and all thoughts of 292 bring on the chills! Thanks! Yes, Ida's was amazing for my ego, ha! JQ? None of the guys noticed, obvious, but everyone else did :) It'll be great to see them all again around June with the finished product! We were sitting around at Debbie's contemplating going to Ida's and I say "of course we should go, I'm skinnier and want to see people!" :) Also, when leaving today Mike said I looked good and to keep it up, with no promoting, must me working if Pa Campbell makes a comment!
      Her system seemed to fall right back into eating, she had been on phase 4 for a month before so she had been eating semi normal before the trip. She's psyched about getting back on plan to lose more...and I like that the office is a total IP zone again :)
      We'll need to chat at some point, I've got the best Nana Fran story ever! She was a riot on Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Um.... ok i know i don't have a true sense of your before but omg you look so good. So skinny!

    Ugh so she has to get back to ketosis again. .. how horrible! But at least she didn't gain a full 20!!

    Can't wait for the rest of the auditions tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel amazing! Best decision I EVER made! Love that you're joining the Voice :)

      Delete
  3. I love that you "can't wait" for auditions.... A true "Voicer"

    ReplyDelete