Sunday, March 24, 2013

Patience IS a Virtue!

Hey Hey Hey! I had a great IP weekend :) Let's start with a random text invitation to dinner...2 1/2 hours away! Crazy? Yes. Did we? Yes. Worth it? YES! We met up with family for dinner and had a great time. Didn't manage a picture of my delicious salad with grilled chicken, but believe me, so good! And not going to lie the compliments were a great little boost get over the "IP hump" of being half-way. Part of the "hump" that hit me was that I have only dropped one pant size so far. In my "planner" head I want to lose 4-5 pant sizes and should have lost about two at the halfway point. So I sulked in that a bit and started to get nervous that I wouldn't end up at a weight/size I want to be at when I'm done. Enter, my inner voice of reason: "Get over it! The weight didn't come on overnight and according to schedule and it will go off the same way (even faster thanks to IP)". And today those smaller pants that (kid you not) didn't fit two days ago...slid right on! Holla!!

Dinner tonight was another "cooking class"...even better it was in person! We made salmon, which was really trout, but still delicious and possibly better! We decided to do a taste test. Marinated one in the teriyaki sauce and one was Dijon mustard mixed with "grainy" mustard slathered on top. Verdict: both amazing! This I liked the teriyaki slightly more. This lead me to thinking what are my top IP meals so far? Here's my list:
1. Tonight's Salmon (seriously top of the list meal!)

2. Shocked I don't have a pic but...the Carne Asada shrimp over spaghetti squash

3. Chicken meatballs over zucchini noodles
4. Eggs and IP friendly sausage

5. Salad from Jezebel's...duh! Closely followed by salad from Sylvan Street Grille!

Least favorite?

That AWFUL soy patty salad! 


Who doesn't love a good closet photo shoot??


Another sign of my steadily shrinking self? I don't have as much "padding" on my rear end and basically sitting all day yesterday was rough! I've never had an issue with long car rides but my bum was soo sore!  A weird but welcome victory :)

Currently Craving: gum!!! 

-meg

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Do you see yourself? You like amazing! I hope you see it! All the means look so yummy! Love the Salmon, please add it to the "things you'll cook for me when I come and visit" list!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I see it sometimes but other times I don't see any change. But I feel great! Salmon definitely added to the list!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete