Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm Such A Loser!

As in 40 pounds lost! I am five pounds from the half way marker! I definitely have the will and determination to keep it up to get to goal.

A bunch of trial and error I thought I'd update you on from the past few days. Starting with what went well...I roasted some zucchini with garlic-delish! I've also been roasting broccoli with rosemary and garlic, literally for a week straight, to the point where I've made myself sick from so much broccoli- crazy concept!

And the not so well...in pre-IP life one of my favorite ways to cook chicken was mustard and maple syrup. I'd heard that the Walden Farms pancake syrup tastes just like real maple syrup. I have to be honest, I don't even like maple syrup to begin with other than this dish, I live in Vermont-this is unheard of. Anyways, I really don't like any of the Walden Farms products and the strong chemical taste, but I decided to trust the opinions of these syrup "connoisseurs". Basically mix Dijon mustard with the syrup, the mixture tasted good, moving on. I added a package of chicken to the mix and let it sit in the frig for an hour or so. Bake it for 25 minutes at 375. Tasted it-nasty! So disgusting! I really don't know what went wrong, must have reacted to being heated, no idea. The dog had some "tasty" chicken for a few nights!

Next, another chicken trial. I mixed up an Asian type marinade with soy sauce, scallions, mustard, and Sriracha (Asian hot sauce). The marinade was alright, the chicken tasted pretty good. The fail? Sriracha contains sugar. "Whomp, whomp, whomp". Thankfully it didn't effect the scale at all. Over it.

Lastly, I had gum the other day, I was dying for something to freshen my mouth. Now when I say I had gum, I mean: I rinsed off the gum with water, chewed, didn't swallow anything, and then rinsed my mouth out. And the most shocking part, I wasn't impressed with the taste, it was wayy too sweet. This saddens me. I use to LOVE gum! I've heard from many people that your tastes change considerably during and after the diet. Exhibit A: mint. I don't even want to think about living without peanut butter after the diet, horrifying!

Not much else going on. Starting to think about maintenance (a ways to go still) and my strategy for that. I've been keeping track of healthy recipes that I'm excited for after Phase 3. Crazy how salad with carrots is something to look forward too and sweet potatoes- can't wait! I'll check back next week!

Currently Craving: sweet potato fries with honey mustard...mmmm

-meg




No comments:

Post a Comment