Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Winner Winner Teriyaki Chicken Dinner!


Quick post on some delicious eats and an exciting progress photo!! First, Danni won The Biggest Loser, so glad she won, although I did like Jeff too...great season! And...The Voice starts next Monday, beyond excited, pretty sure there will be in-depth discussion on favorites as a weekly topic :)

Yesterday I was unusually hungry in the middle of the day so I had most of my protein then, some leftover chicken burger on a salad. By the time I was home I really wasn't hungry, so I had two eggs on some shredded zucchini, pretty good. I'm tried a new marinade for dinner tonight: teriyaki. I have been craving chicken teriyaki since starting the diet. I came across this recipe and HAD to try it. I will post it on the recipes tab. Verdict: a little sweet, I'll need to tweak the syrup (Walden Farms) a bit. But otherwise, loved it!! Will be a staple next to the Carne Asada soy sauce marinade :)



And for my progress photo. Let me first say: I am very anti taking my picture in front of my bathroom mirror or really "selfies" in general :) But...in going through some of my North Face items, I came across this one that looked small but do-able, why not try it on? "Well it kind of fits, what size is it?" A boys XL...allow me to repeat: a BOYS (as in little people) jacket fits-ish me!! Crazy! 



Proof!
I doubt I'll actually wear it, it's pretty snug around the hips, understandably boys do not have a grown woman's hips. Who knows maybe I'll lose enough in that area :)

Currently Craving: popcorn!

-meg

8 comments:

  1. MEGGIE! Look at your FACE! It looks like 1/2 the size of the face that I last saw and that was only about a month ago! HOLY SKINNY FACE! And woo hoo for a Boys XL... you rock my world!
    SIDE NOTE: LOVE THE ADDITIONAL COMMENTERS!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzy!! I'll take Reece's hand-me-downs ;) And love the additional comments...maybe we could do a guest blog post? Hope you're feeling good Marisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh just saw these! I'm here and not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing you tonight was amazing! You look a million times better than in your pics (which look amazing) You're doing awesome! Love a guest blogger! I'm ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks LC :) :) I'm glad I saw you half-way before the big reveal in July!!

    ReplyDelete