Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cake Walk (OK Maybe IP Muffin Walk?)

Hello there! Down a total of 35 pounds so far and very excited! This diet has become so natural and not something to stress over at this point. It is such an after thought that at times I find myself forgetting I'm even on such a restricted diet. For instance, I was making some pasta (obviously not on plan and not for me) but in typical "pasta cooking fashion" I pulled out some and tasted it to see if it was done. Freaked out more than was clearly necessary and spit it out. I doubt a tiny piece of pasta would have done much, if anything, but still didn't want to have anything going into my body that wasn't IP approved. Meg-1 Pasta-0 :)

I had another revelation the other day at what I haven't had on this diet. It's been two months since I've had: a carrot, a potato, bread, milk, the list goes on. It was crazy to think about when in my life have I gone two months without one of those? I don't think ever. And to think when I'm done I'll have gone about 6 months without any of it.

On another note, I made some pretty fantastic meatballs this week! I took some ground chicken and added some of that basil salad dressing. AMAZING! Served over some zucchini noodles.


This weekend was also my first weekend away while on the diet. I was mentally prepared for temptation and being frustrated with the diet. Not at all! Such an easy weekend! Again, not something I stressed over or really thought about. I was well prepared also. Whenever we get together with family our dinner consists of ordering in pizza, 99.9% of the time. I had made some chili to take with me and made up a salad, brought my own dressing, I ate dinner with everyone else. It was great, pizza is not really my favorite thing anyways, I was very happy to have my chili :) Honestly, the roughest parts of the weekend were the car rides with NO gum :( Meg-1 Weekend Visits- 0

Anyone watching The Biggest Loser?? I was hysterical last night watching the makeover show! I cannot wait to get to the point of shopping for new clothes and getting a new hair cut. I can't believe that I will be there in a few short months! If you're watching, have any favorites? At this point, I like them all, my front-runner is Danni and I go back and forth with liking Gina. While watching I saw a commercial for The Voice :) Expect weekly discussions on that one!

I'm really loving where I'm at right now. Never would I have thought "I'll start a diet and in two months I'll lose 35 pounds!". How it's even possible blows my mind. IP is amazing and the fact that the results are so noticeable in such a short amount of time is why I think it's so easy to stick to. I remember when I first heard about IP and thought I could NEVER be so disciplined and follow such a strict diet. At this point, the diet is so easy! My desire to be at a weight I'm comfortable at by the summer is what keeps me going. I'm just so excited for what's ahead but really enjoying the journey to get there as well. I'll check back in next week :)

Currently Craving: Not really craving anything off plan, peanut butter will always be my natural answer though :)

-meg

2 comments:

  1. Probably NOT normal that I'm tearing up while reading this. I am SO proud of you! You have been doing RIDIC and I can't wait to NOT have Pizza with you next time we are in MA... I always feel guilty for eating it regardless, especially since I don't really like pizza ... not worth the cals! I LOVE your positive outlook... it's really inspiring in my own weight loss plans and goals as well...
    P.S. please email me the "recipe" for the zucchini noodles!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for reading and all the support! We'll definitely have an IP'able meal next 292 trip :) Good luck with your loss, you'll be ready for Turks no problem!!

    ReplyDelete