Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Times They Are A Changin'



Big morning! Anyone who knows me knows my absolute hatred for all things mint. Literally, toothpaste is a struggle, not gonna lie I've used children's toothpaste to avoid the mint. BUT...yesterday morning I whipped up my chocolate drink with coffee and headed out to work. I had just brushed my teeth and noticed a subtle mint flavor in the background of my drink...I didn't hate it. This morning I went off the deep end and added some mint extract (shocked I have this on hand right?! Leftover from holiday cookies, tucked in the far reaches of the cabinet!) to my chocolate/coffee blend. I liked it. This must be a sign of the Apocalypse!  We'll see how long this lasts. I really like that my mouth feels fresh after my drink. The worst thing about ketosis is the breath smell, bleh!

On another note, down 33 pounds in 8 weeks!! Raise the roof! (Is that even a thing anymore??) I had a revelation yesterday which lead to an IP "high"...this diet works! Duh right?! But seriously, I'm feeling amazing and so excited for the final results. I'm also really liking the food arrangements lately and think I will make them part of my post-IP life. Planning on doing a mixture of IP maintenance and Weight Watchers to maintain.

Some good eats this week! Only managed on pic :( I made curried shrimp over spaghetti squash, soo good! I also discovered Xanthan Gum this week. It's mostly used in gluten free cooking. I added a tiny amount (maybe a 1/8 tsp) to a salad dressing. I blended up basil, parsley, scallion, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, streamed in grape-seed oil and then added the gum mixed with 3 tablespoons of water. It made a nice creamy dressing, perfect for salad "dipping"!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhsYivoV0pfmbvDCZkCUHglJ1MNwRezCSLtFMHlB44nuJVVVrKxfoFw62kwY6BUwSNw010NMZu5pHKM2FRgT342ebi75e5tkvAXd41XfWejwsk_bPEWMgYhvWx5eYQMjx4L5Hg6HN8eZK3I/s640/blogger-image-1788498878.jpg

I also stumbled across this yesterday. What have you lost?? So far I've lost a cinder block. When all is said and done I'd like to have lost a newborn calf. I've got an elephant's penis left to lose...umm.

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weighs more than his heart!)
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman

Going away for the weekend. Not really worried, will be prepping some veggies, salad, and will probably make some chicken burgers as my protein. Might have to bring my Ninja for my Choco/Coffee/Mint Shakes :)

Currently Craving: My chocolatey-minty-shake"y" goodness...I don't even know who I am anymore.

-meg 

2 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??? CHOCOLATE AND MINT... you must be my new BF!!! I mean, we were already BeFries... but now that you like mint... the potential is endless!!!
    I need to lose a human head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?!?! Scary!! Might make the jump to using mint leaves for chicken dishes or salads...craziness!

    ReplyDelete