Midweek was busy at work, dinner meals were pretty standard. Had some fajitas wrapped in Boston lettuce with sauteed green peppers. Amazing! I also doctored up my own dressing using Walden Farms spicy ranch dressing as a base. In "pre-IP life" I use to take Greek yogurt and add basil, parsley, some dill, lemon, a little mayo, salt and pepper all in a food processor...it was insanely good! So I did the same thing with the Walden Farms (a zero calorie, zero sugar, zero carb dressing) it is not as good as the original but close enough and still very flavorful!
This weekend we had some family visit, always a fun time! Dinner on Friday night was a new recipe my boss told me I HAD to try. The dish consisted of shrimp marinated in this AMAZING concoction (recipe coming soon) cooked and served over spaghetti squash. The picture didn't happen that night, but trust me, sooo good! And, it has to be noted...could not finish my meal!
Saturday was a lazy day, though we did make it out into public...once. It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be with kids eating all the time and not being tempted. I had a drink in the morning and some zucchini for lunch with a bar.
Bring on the first photo evidence of this tasty weekend. An IP chocolate pancake mix made into a muffin.
Ok, so at first taste, I was not impressed with this "muffin". But I think if I were to try it again, I'd add in some grated zucchini to make it moist and not as dense. A work in progress.
Dinner was take out from our favorite local restaurant, Jezebel's. I was starving before the food arrived and decided to put some asparagus in the over for my dinner veggie. These, because I was ravenous for my salad, were forgotten in the oven for about 45 minutes...but turned out soo delicious and crunchy!
I took the extra marinade from the shrimp dish and marinated some chicken in it for dinner. Just as good! I made a salad out of it.
Other than the amazing food this weekend...we watched Pitch Perfect. I had seen it already, but this movie never gets old. Aca-mazing! The "aca" references can I'm sure be taken too far, but I aca-love it!
Now to watch the Super Bowl, I'm not really invested in it this year, but definitely miss the fun snacks! Even though we literally talked about IP all weekend, I didn't feel that restricted and "left out" or constantly thought about the diet all weekend. I am loving the fact that this diet feels so natural now and it's not something to obsess over. I'll be done in five short months and feeling aca-incredible!
Currently Craving: my salad!
meg
I mean, I am an aca-moron for missing this amazing post! Loved every minute of it, I read it twice!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It was a big weekend to write about!
ReplyDelete