I've been crazy emotional lately also. Major highs to complete psycho mode for no reason at all. My period keeps coming and going, I have no cycle anymore, lovely! I'm really ok with all the crazy-ness right now as it's all for a good cause, to me at least :) I've also had way more cravings than usual lately. I've heard from other people on the diet that you go through spells where you crave everything and then back to not having any.
Sad news: the peanut butter soy puffs are being discontinued, again! My coach is pretty sure this is really the end, which is why she set aside 5 boxes for me :) I'm tempted to send another letter.
Lots of grilling this week! Much appreciated to shake things up a bit, things can get a little boring after a few months. I'm going to try a crab cake recipe one of these days. I noticed when looking at a normal recipe for crab cakes, that they really aren't that terrible, the only non IP food is the bread crumbs. I plan to use either the cereal or one of the crisps as a bread crumb substitute. I also made my own mayonnaise the other day. I was a little worried about using the eggs, but I pasteurized them myself and have only been using it on dishes that I'm cooking. I made a basil chicken that I loved to make pre IP, it too has bread crumbs, but I used the southwest cheese puffs. It was ok but not as good as the original.
That's about it for now. Loving the little changes I keep seeing with my body. My fingers (which I have always hated and refer to as "sausages") are starting to thin out! Crazy! I'm definitely ready to hit goal, be done with the intense dieting, and be at a point where it's ok to eat a piece of cheese. I keep telling myself that April is halfway over (almost :) ), and then I just need to get through May, and June is phases 2 and 3, and then I'm done! I will stop no matter where I am to be done by July and then re-evaluate if I need to get back on phase 1 after a month or so, or go to a strict Weight Watchers. I have done well with WW but had too much to lose and didn't want to be on it for years! The biggest difference is that WW gives you unlimited fruits and veggies, even those with high sugars. My plan would be to avoid those, keep dairy and carbs to a minimum, exercise, and hopefully lose some more that way. We'll see! Just excited to have made it this far :)
Currently Craving: greek yogurt!
-meg
A few comments from the peanut gallery: (in no particular order)
ReplyDelete1. Greek Yogurt is NOT as amazing as you are remembering it to be. I mean, yeah, it's good... 3 points, decent staple item in the fridge, but not worthy of a "craving"
2. WW rocks. It's a real life plan... but you already know that. WW is a GOOD way to drop a little more, but more importantly, it's a GOOD maintanence plan. Maybe you can "sign on" life J. Hudson?
3. Have you considered a career as an IP consultant? Is it odd that I have and yet I have never done IP?
4. you pastuerized your own eggs? I can't even begin to think of the process.
5. I'm sure Melz is psyched for the emotional ups and downs...
6. Damn them and their PB soy puffs. Who do they think that they are???
Ahh peanuts :)
Delete1. Probably true, I mostly miss it as a salad dressing, oil/vinegar only get you so far...would kill for balsamic!
2. Yes, my plan to is to sign up for WW with maybe 20 pounds to go, hit that goal and be a "lifetime" member.
3. I actually have, and would jump at it if the opportunity ever came up. Maybe that will be my calling if/when we end up moving :)
4. It was incredibly easy! I'm surprised I'd never done it before. Basically, cook them in a pot of water heated to 140 degrees (no higher/lower) for 3 minutes. I'm tempted to pasteurize every carton we bring into the house...
5. Haha, it's a good thing she held off on quitting smoking until I'm done :)
6. Seriously! I'm gonna write another letter!