I forgot to update on dinner out this past Saturday. We went to Jezebel's one of our favorite places in town, have never had a bad meal there. I ordered the cobb salad, no bacon, and no egg. It was swarming with bacon and egg and the grilled chicken on top was literally a nugget. Not a breaded nugget, but the size of a nugget, kid you not! The worst part was the chef/owner was the one who brought it out to me! I really wanted to snap a pic to share here, but we were out with some other people and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Once I got home I realized I hadn't met my 8oz protein requirement (maybe had an ounce) and I didn't even have eggs in the house, ended up adding some extra protein powder to my shake and called it a night. Super letdown as I was planning on something from Jez's for my first official meal out post-IP. Think instead we'll go to The New England House, which I actually like better than Jez's, but Jez's tends to be more convenient...it's gonna be soo good!
So I was putting away some laundry and started to notice a pattern...
I'm quite fond of stripes these days! I don't know what it is but can't get enough! I think maybe it's because when you're larger "they" say to stay away from stripes...and I'm apparently trying to make up for many years of a "stripe-free" wardrobe. Are they a love or hate? I mean they aren't polka-dots (which btw I have a pair of polka-dotted shorts that I can't wait to wear!).
Protein powder update:
I'll of course keep you posted with what I try :)
Currently Craving: bread! Not even a huge bread person, but would love a thick piece of homemade dark multi-grain bread.
meg


No comments:
Post a Comment