Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In Such a Good Place!

Hello! Officially at 60 pounds gone today and I feel amazing! My emotions are in check :) And I'm really starting to like the way my body is looking. I really enjoy not dreading every mirror I come across, it's the little things that make the biggest difference. I could do without the "spare tire" around my middle though, hoping that moves along quickly! I feel a lot better after walking a bit more and lifting. Still cold all the time though! Which with summer coming is great right?! My boss had the same thing but once she phased out and started eating pretty normally her temperature regulated back to normal...well that and Jamaica :) Also, not sure if it's IP related by my allergies seem to be much better this year.

An amazing dinner last night! This marinade may be better than the previous "soy-sauce carne asada" I know, powerful statement! I'll post it up on the recipes tab. It was soo good! I marinated some shrimp in the sauce for a bit and then skewered them and put them on the grill. I realized I hadn't had spaghetti squash in forever so I steamed up some of that as well. I had intentions of putting the squash on the grill to char it up, but the pouring rain changed my plans. Which is another new thing for me...I used to like a good rainy/overcast day. I never used to like warm sunny days, odd, I know. But now, I love being out in the sun and the heat! I really need to work on the whole tanning thing though! It's not that I even burn and then tan, I just burn and peel, not ideal. Wonder if we need to move somewhere warmer? Meh, don't think I'd really enjoy "year-round summer" I do love fall!

I think I've set a pretty good game plan for finishing out these first 6 months on the diet. My plan now is to do four weeks of phase 2, this way I'm only adding in protein not carbs yet, and can hopefully lose a bit more before July. So since I'm such a planner, here's my schedule: start phase 2 on May 30th, enter phase 3 on June 27th and hit phase 4 on July 11th. At that point I'll really start exercising and keeping it mostly phase 3 and see what happens. If need be I'll go back on phase 1 at the end of August. That will give me enough time to lose more before the holidays (and let's be honest enough room to put a little on over the holidays). I've learned that it is so much easier to be on phase 1 over the winter. My boss and I were joking that we'll each be on phase 1 for winters now. I think we're just more social in the warmer months and it's easier to want to eat (and drink!) more.

Currently Craving: peanut butter! Ha, it's getting pretty hard! I had a weak moment a few nights ago when I was STARVING and no I didn't eat any but I literally just stood and smelled it. Now that I'm reading this I sound like a frickin' lunatic! The first step is admission! 55 days to go!!!

meg

4 comments:

  1. 60 lbs... holy crap!!! AMAZEBALLS.

    OMG -- PLEASE buy my tanning foam. I PROMISE you that you will love it. If you don't, I will buy it from you. It's amazing... it's life changing.

    I might need to try your marinade. Post it up please....

    Also, I tried to comment on a previous post re: gum about 3 times and it kept getting deleted, so I had to end it... BUT OMG... you cheater ;) But seriously... gum is amazing. I hadn't been chewing for quite some time because of a temporary crown, and I was really in withdrawal. Gum fills my "must have a sweet after I eat" need... and I just found SUGAR FREE (MUST) Juicy Fruit. OMG. I live for it!!

    Super proud of you... keep trekking. May 30th is SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I need to hear more about your tanning foam?!?! I currently use Jergans lotion. Ugh gum...I limit it to 1 stick a day!

      Delete
  2. What's this tanning foam? My legs are in need! So proud of you meg! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The tanning 411: it's called St Tropez and you can get it at Sephora. Still waiting for mine in the mail, very excited! Maybe I'll do a before/after tanning edition? ;)

      Delete