I was emailing with my sister-in-law :) and chatting about the big birthday/skinny party in July...she asked what I was going to wear to the party?? I started to think about the options I now have. In the past a weekend visit consisted of: shorts, a few t-shirts, and maybe a sweatshirt. So I thought now I'll ride down in a comfy outfit with leggings involved, a swimsuit/coverup for the beach, a party outfit, lounging around after party/drinking/games clothes, it's so exciting! The little things in life!
I made the most amazing shrimp last night! I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest and was really in the mood for shrimp. I'm sure it would have been better using the greek yogurt it called for, but wasn't bad with the mayonnaise. I've become such a fan of making my own mayo, I'm not a huge fan of it by itself on a sandwich or anything, but I'm a condiment snob so using a bit of mayo to make a sauce is great.
Other-wise on the diet things are going ok. I'm so ready to be off of phase 1 and into a good eating/exercising plan. I think I'll do really well with being strict during the week and a bit more relaxed on the weekends, and if I have a weekend with a bit more indulgence I can step up the workouts to make up for it. For instance I know a few days in late July will be non-diet friendly. I'll want a beer at the Red Sox game, I'll want frozen yogurt on my birthday, and I'll be drinking and eating a bit more for Melissa's party...I'm fine with all of that, I think planning is huge as well as how to recover after. I may be the weirdo with "X"'s marked on my calendar but I'll be damned if I left the weight back on!!
So welcome, summer 2013! I have very high hopes for you!!
Currently Craving: Peanut butter! It's getting hard to resist, I'm looking into making my own once it's allowed, always in moderation but I don't think I could ever cut it out completely.
meg
Top o' the morning!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a really good plan in place. I feel like at this point, you really know your body and will be able to sense when you need to step back and hit IP again and when you be lax... I think that it's all about choosing your indulgent times. Birthdays, Anniversaries, trips to NY ;) and then keeping it in perspective at home. That's always worked well for me. Also -- love the "relaxed" on the weekends and super strict during the week. You got this ;)
Can't wait for shopping. And as a side note, I DO NOT support Capri leggings. The hit right in the middle of your calf... never good ;) I vote for "maxi dress" as the party favorite. I'm also thinking that you should add into the list of things to pack/do at 292, sneakers.. we'll go for a walk/jog on the boardwalk?! Can't wait!
xoxo
Thanks for the encouragement! Good point on the Capri leggings...I just ordered a maxi from old navy as a trial run :) will if course keep you posted! Definitely a jog/walk along the "bulevahd" ;)
ReplyDelete