Friday, January 4, 2013

So far so good(ish)

Day 1 started off OK. I had the IP pink lemonade packet for breakfast, do-able, but not great. I had some zucchini as my lunch veggie and a salad.

Next up was an IP snack, BBQ ridges, they don't look that bad right? They were HORRIBLE and had the worst aftertaste.

Life was fine until I got home from work at 5:30 and could have eaten everything in our house, seriously, the pickles looked delectable! Note to self: leave veggies prepped in the fridge for after work pre/dinner hunger.  Dinner was chicken with Walden Farms BBQ sauce and roasted broccoli, no picture was way too hungry to mess around with that!


Snack/Dessert was my last IP packet for the day, the chocolate protein drink. Thankfully it was delicious, especially with this 000 (zero carb, zero calorie, zero sugar) PEANUT BUTTER flavored syrup. Life saver!


Day 2 and an IP orange drink. Meh, it was along the lines of a Sunny D, not the best.

Lunch definitely the WORST meal thus far! 
Side Note: See that green pan on the stove? I fell for an As Seen On TV commercial (who doesn't from time to time?) and picked up this little beauty at Target for $19.95, saving myself on the S&H :) It has surprisingly turned out to be a great pan. It requires no oil in the pan to cook. I was skeptical but the fact that this skillet now lives permanently on our stove and my beloved Rachael Rays sit in the cub-board is proof!
I was excited for this "chicken" soy patty (an IP packet) crumbled up on a salad, the thought was promising. I mixed up a salad and tried a bit of the patty crumble, it was a salt lick! I doused it with Frank's hot sauce (sure to cure any flavor problem) there was no saving this one. I suffered through as much as I could stomach and had to toss the rest, wouldn't even subject the dog to that torture!

After my disastrous lunch experience I was so looking forward to dinner. I have a tried and true recipe for curried shrimp with rice. On a night where the outside temp was -11 (is that even legal?) I needed a comfort food to warm me up. I shredded two zucchinis and cooked them down, added some curry, thankfully zucchini renders a good amount of liquid so it made a nice sauce. Then I threw in some shrimp. It was heaven!

Snack/Dessert was the same chocolate drink with PB syrup and added some decaf PB coffee this time. Expect to see this one daily, I actually look forward to it :)

Today is Day 3 and said to be the worst day of side effects as your body sets into Ketosis. Will report back in the next few days. If I do not resurface please send the search party!

Currently Craving: a grilled cheese sandwich.

-meg

No comments:

Post a Comment