Things have been OK since last check in. I am still on program and over the worst of the side effects. They really weren't that bad, if no one had told me about the side effects I would have thought I was coming down with the flu (thankfully I am not!). There was an odd sensation of "burning muscles" and muscle aches. I was so sore and felt like I had a sunburn, both have passed!
Today brought a welcomed day off and some errands :( The grocery store trip was harder than expected, aside from picking up some chicken and ground turkey there really are not many other items needed from a grocery store. I had a shake for lunch before leaving the house, but while at the store I was starving. I wasn't even longing for some special treat such as a PB cup :) Oddly enough it was some string cheese that struck my fancy. Nice to know I'll be saving a bit on the grocery bill in the coming months :) Today was also difficult in that "someone" decided to order Chinese take-out while we were out. It was a LONG drive home smelling that in the backseat!
A few of the food packets I've tried in the last few days have left a bitter taste in my mouth (literally) about this diet. The first picture is an herb and cheese omelet, not a fan, I cannot get over how salty all of the food they require you to eat is!
Next, was a recipe for cauliflower "bread sticks". I brought them into work and my boss loved them. I've come to the conclusion that I am definitely not a cauliflower person.
Other meals were pretty good and somewhat boring. But those PB/Choc soy puffs=AMAZEFEST 2013 sooo good! I'll need to get over my salt issue and find a mix of packets that work. I've found a lot of great recipes online to keep from getting into a rut with everything. Will definitely post my success (and failures I suppose!).
That's all for now, in the middle of cooking burning some zucchini. Official weigh in on Tuesday morning and picking more packets :)
Currently Craving: an apple with some peanut butter.
-meg
The herb and cheese omelette is pretty much my favorite weirdo.
ReplyDeleteNasty! Eggs are allowed, won't be wasting my time with those ones!
ReplyDelete