Hello! Today is technically day two of phase 2! I'm just doing a week of phase 2 as I kind of already did it last week and they don't suggest more than two weeks. I had been getting crazy dizzy and lightheaded when working out on phase 1. So I had been throwing some eggs into the mix last week to compensate, definitely helped! My biggest dilemma is what IP food to cut out? I feel like in the beginning it's "I have to suffer through this crap?"...and now I deprived :( Weird! So I'm cutting out the puffs, which is actually "ideal" as I can save those PB ones I have stashed for when I get back on IP in a few months. So I'm doing a shake in the morning, protein and veggies at lunch and dinner, and a shake at night. Seems like soo much food! Last night I prepped a bunch of stuff for the week, made an enormous salad to pull from for lunches, BBQ'd chicken for said salads, made some chicken burgers, and have some shrimp marinating for the grill.
I'm really excited/nervous about phase 3 on Sunday. The big breakfast! This is what's involved: grains, protein, fruit, dairy, and fat. It seems like a ton of food. I've created a worksheet and am working on getting nutritional stats for foods and seeing what fits for those breakfasts, I'll post that later this week. I've never been a huge breakfast person so we'll see how it goes. Trying to come up with "out of the box" ideas for breakfast rather than the usual eggs and toast. We'll be in MA this weekend, and when thinking about breakfasts and what I can have I thought crazy enough-- a small piece of leftover pizza would fit into the requirements for breakfasts! Ha! Re-heated pizza has never something that interests me, but I could make a little pizza out of an english muffin, some marinara, mozz, and maybe some soy-sage crumbles :) :) I think the most exciting part is that PEANUT BUTTER is allowed on phase 3 :) Not sure how or when I'll reintroduce myself to it, I'm wondering too if I'll even have the same taste for it!
Yesterday we went down to Six Flags, it was disgustingly hot! But I wasn't that uncomfortable. It was such an amazing feeling to get onto a ride and fit comfortably with room to spare, definitely the best non-scale victory thus far! I've been having a hard time lately seeing what I look like. It's so weird to look in the mirror wearing a smaller size than I ever have before and still see the old me. My brain has been really slow to see the new me and I wonder when that changes?
I excited to phase off, but feel like I'm going to miss the "safety net" that phase 1 was/is. I'm like a little kid swimming into the deep end with no floaties :) I think I'm actually going to miss how restricted phase 1 is...it was easy to say "no I can't have that because it would literally be an $80 cheat", now that there are options I need to stay more focused on what I eat and how I work off the indulgences. I figured out how to synch my UP band with the My Fitness Pal app and I think that will be a good tracker and accountability system. I think tracking everything and keeping a WW mindset will be huge. I'm thinking I'll set a goal of 10 pounds to lose by the time I head back on in August. That will put me with about 25 pounds to lose by Thanksgiving-ish, maybe I should go for a few more as a holiday "cushion" :) Either way, I want to be at 100 pounds lost by January 1st. That would be amazing!!
Currently Craving: my puffs :(
meg


No comments:
Post a Comment