The biggest part of phase 3 has been the re-introduction of carbs to "awaken" the pancreas. It's awful! I feel like total crap! I'm bloated and "puffy", gross...I definitely think this is worse than when I went into ketosis, just don't feel "right". I feel like I've gained back 10 pounds just by eating bread in the morning. My coach said that it's natural and that in phase 3 your body is like a sponge soaking it all in. I cannot wait for tomorrow to not have to eat some type of grain as breakfast.
Fact:
Ok, it wasn't giant, but it was a pretty delightful spoonful of peanut butter :) Was definitely worth the wait!
I did sign up for Weight Watchers online again and will start tracking that on Monday. I have a weekly workout plan I'll start up. We'll see what happens with all that! With as great and "dialed-in" as IP is, I wish they had a different plan for those who want to workout :( So the plan going forward is WW, more exercise, and very low carb :) My boss is having a hard time with IP maintenance and working out, gaining with working out and losing after "fun" days...so I'm going to "guinea pig" the WW approach for a bit! To me, I think shaking things up with dieting can be a good plan. I know that switching up my face wash all the time and keeps my skin in check...should work the same with dieting right?! That or my body is just in a constant state of confusion, ha!
Not much else going on, really just frustrated with the way my body is reacting to the carbs. I'm sure I'm overreacting and going from 900 calories and no carb to toast, fruit, and dairy is naturally going to be a big shock. My coach also said that once you phase off most people will gain back the equivalent to their first week loss...well I lost 10 pounds my first week...so that's a bit scary! Hopefully going right into another diet plan will keep things moving in the right direction.
Currently Craving: Not really craving anything, might have a drink tomorrow, just to test the waters :)
meg

Congratulations! What an accomplishment! So proud of you! Good luck with the ww. You can do it!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Good luck with your phase out :) See/meet you soon!!
ReplyDelete