Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Phase...WW?

Hello! A few days into my new Weight Watchers routine and doing great! It's nice that it doesn't at all feel like a diet, to be expected going from 900 calories to about 1300 :) Sunday was my "fun" day :) I had eggs and soy-sage for breakfast...and a mimosa! The rest of the day was pretty tame, a veggie wrap from Wahoo's (a summer favorite!) and sweet potato fries (better than I remember!). I did have my shake in the evening and added a shot of Kahlua, pretty good!

Monday afternoon I finally broke into that popcorn I'd been dying to try! First off, it's a complicated popcorn process...second, I've only half-tried it. I'll explain: I reached into the box and pulled out a bag of popcorn and went along with the usual process. Side note: this company has witty instructions and blurbs on their packaging, maybe that's where I went wrong?? I got a little sidetracked. I poured the popped up goodness iinto a bowl and dove in...Meg: "It's kind of bland for an olive oil and herbs flavor." It was very good "bland" popcorn, nontheless. Then Melissa tried some "Did they give you seasoning to put on it?" "Nope...(reaches for box) wait...yes!" at that point there was too little popcorn left to flavor. So next time I will pop the bag and add the fixings- they give you an olive oil packet and some herbs. Talk about elaborate popcorn! Their website has some other exciting flavors I cannot wait to try! Stay tuned! http://www.quinnpopcorn.com/ Now what to do with my random popcorn seasoning packets??
I recently inherited a gazelle fitness glider. I'm kind of addicted to it. I'd describe it as a cross between an elliptical and treadmill. It doesn't feel like a workout during, but I definitely feel the effects afterward. It was pretty comical trying to navigate it at first, but I've got it down now :) I've been doing about 45 minutes of that in the morning and lifting weights for a bit in the afternoon. I feel great and shockingly enough down two pounds from last week. I'll take it! I won't weigh in tomorrow at the clinic, I may go occasionally over the next few months to keep myself in check. I have the same scale at home as my clinic uses and that tells me my BMI and muscle percentage...not sure how much either of those really matter anymore but nice to know where I'm at. 

Started a new book and it's a good one so far! It's This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. It's a quick, can't put down...so far. Aren't those the best?!

Off to MA this weekend for Fiesta! Very excited to go out and have a few drinks! Got to say feels weird to not be planning meals to pack to eat down there...well maybe I'll still do a salad to avoid the pizza situation :)

Currently Craving: Ugh the IP chocolate drink, I'm missing it big time. I have maybe 5 left and can't bring myself to pay $4/packet if I'm not fully on the diet. It's time for some protein powder taste testing!

meg




No comments:

Post a Comment