Hello! The first week and a half on 5:2 has been great! Last week I did 4:3 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and thought it was totally do-able. I've settled into a good routine on my 500 days. I hold off on eating until noon or so and have my tuna/veggies over lettuce. Around 3pm I usually hit that slump where I need a snack, I'll have a few grapes, a piece of cheese, or a rice cake. Dinners have been mostly protein, BBQ'd shrimp on salad, turkey or chicken and grilled veggies. If I have extra calories I've been eating a pudding cup for an evening pick me up :) Popcorn is also my friend, so low calorie! I've found that eating a big breakfast on a normal day following a 500 day is necessary. I'll do eggs/whites with spinach and feta or ricotta and some rye toast usually.
This method is very motivating and empowering, if I'm really feeling hungry and frustrated, telling myself tomorrow is a "normal" day definitely helps. Very happy with my decision to go this route rather than IP for now. Also noticing that on "normal" days it's hard to overeat. I made corn chowder on Saturday night with salad...and was "stuffed" after a small bowl of it, like I had just competed in some nasty eating contest. Meanwhile, Melissa was on her second bowl, bread, and finished it off with an ice cream/Kahlua milkshake...ew. She also has the "unfortunate" problem of being too thin...some people!
Haven't weighed myself since starting last week, I have my period and that usually means a high number, so staying away from the scale until Monday when I can get a clear number. Fingers crossed! I can definitely see myself sticking to this long term, it'll be great for around the holidays especially! I like keeping weekends open and flexible, it really doesn't feel like dieting and not as restrictive as IP. Three days a week is an easy commitment for me for (hopefully) good results! I'm enjoying being able to exercise too. I've been doing about 45 minutes of cardio on normal mornings and some lifting in the afternoons. I've done some yoga on a few of the 500 days but more just to relax and stretch.
New recipes on the horizon: Homemade Protein Bars, this Hawaiian Grilled Chicken, and these Baked Turkey Quinoa Spinach Meatballs. Attempting to work down my Pinterest board of recipes :) What recipes would you like to see?
Still thinking/looking for a good sign off...
-meg
Sounds like you're doing great and are really motivated. Really proud of you! How about a sign off with a recipe you're dying to try?!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I don't know how you're back on IP, big props to you for that, I'd be too lax on it! Thanks for the sign off idea :)
DeleteSounds like you're doing great and are really motivated. Really proud of you! How about a sign off with a recipe you're dying to try?!
ReplyDelete