Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First 500 Calorie Day

Not too bad! It was a little easier than I thought it would be to restrict to 500 calories. Oddly enough felt like I was eating more than IP! Breakfast was a protein shake with ice and coffee. It was ok, might have added too much ice, it was pretty bland. Although it's a slow release protein I found myself hungrier than normal afterwards. I think for the next 500 day I'll hold off on eating until lunch. I know it's not the best, but I've never been a breakfast person, and it might be better "fasting" wise to wait.
Lunch was delicious! I've been on a tuna kick since my trip to NYC :) It's the perfect lunch, low calorie and pretty filling. I always get worried when I get on a "kick" as I will eat it too often and get sick of it. Hoping that doesn't happen to my tuna salad! It's too good of a lunch to miss out on! I mix a can of tuna with honey mustard (does hike up the calories, but soo worth it!), red onion, celery, green pepper, and some spices. Delish! Would have added some avocado but an avocado is 90 calories! Sad face!
Dinner was by far the best meal of the day! Didn't get a pick, but will definitely be making it again! I took a pita and spread 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese on it. I added a soysage, some broccoli, and garlic, popped it in the oven for 5 minutes or so. It was so good! I'll definitely switch up the toppings, the soysage wasn't really necessary, and could have used those 80 calories elsewhere! I waited a bit and then had a salad to finish the day.
All in all went a tad over at 505 calories. Definitely think it was a successful attempt. Next 500 day is tomorrow and toying with the idea of adding in Friday as well. Holding off on weighing until Monday morning to see what kind of progress this is making.

What's a food/meal you could eat over and over again and never get sick of?

meg

No comments:

Post a Comment